Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Full Moon Madness

So walking home from WORK, yesterday, I experienced a barrage of celebrity sightings.

As I left the elevator and I was making my way through the promenade of Chelsea Market towards 9th Avenue, NY Senator Chuck Schumer and a nameless secret service agent follow me. I can only assume he is there for some sort of appearance on NY1. I don't usually see politicians around, though. It is mostly just movie stars, television personalities or musicians. Strangely enough I have had numerous chance meetings with Kate Winslet (we've shared a few Starbucks lines and she even cut me, but was nice about it) and Andrew McCarthy (who I've seen across from my apartment and have had a very awkward conversation on the F train about Weekend at Bernie's).





One sighting of a person of notoriety is not unusual in a place like New York. It happens all the
time, so I thought nothing of it. Getting on the C train at 14th Street is a normal commute. I didn't think I would be riding the uptown train while sitting next to actor Richard Benjamin. We did not speak.





With two back-to-back sightings, it was an anecdotal story at best. That was until I got to the corner of 44th and 9th Avenue. Across the street from me, at the M11 bus stop, was a man and woman. As I crossed from the northeast side of the street to northwest, they were crossing the street also (albeit from the opposite direction). This is when I noticed the woman. It was actress Heather Graham (which I have also seen a couple of times before in the city).


At this point, it is a pretty unusual day, especially in light of how all the sightings were one after the other. The story does not end there. I also passed by the New York State Lottery guy. The actor who basically goes around and says "The New York State Lottery is now worth.....".
I am uncertain if he counts as a person of noteriety, especially when I can't find a name or picture to go with this. What is certain is that this was no ordinary day. It seemed to be a continuation of Full Moon Friday, in which there were snakes on a train and pirates on a plane. I shouldn't be surprised by this. I've lived here long enough to know that strange things are going to happen as a routine. I don't know if I'll ever get over this place. Maybe I should just nix any idea of ever moving ?

0 comments:

Celebrity Sightings Mapped


View Celebrity Sightings in a larger map