Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Take Two, maybe Three.

Epiphany : a sudden, intuitive perception of or insight into the reality or essential meaning of something, usually initiated by some simple, homely, or commonplace occurrence or experience.

I get these enough to make me wonder if I have been living a sheltered existence or that up until recently, I have not been paying any sort of attention to many of the things going on around me.
These are things that probably other people figured out a long time ago.

Today's epiphany is about editing, audio/visual in particular. This is something that I believe I realized when I saw, several years ago, the two different version of the Protector, with Jackie Chan. The James Glickenhaus directed American version of the movie (which sucked) and the Honk Kong edit (Jackie's version). The difference is stunning. Recently I was reminded of this when I saw two new trailers of movies I had initially dismissed based on their earlier trailers. Both the initial trailer offerings of Get Smart and Speed Racer seemed to lack anything other than bright lights and pratfalls. The secondary international trailers have somewhat changed my perception and peaked my curiosity. I do not necessarily need to see these movies, but I am willing to consider going, when I first I was against it. Consider it for yourselves and compare :

SPEED RACER TRAILERS

GET SMART

I also thing Wall*E is going to be pretty good. Again, judge for yourself.

0 comments:

Celebrity Sightings Mapped


View Celebrity Sightings in a larger map