Search This Blog

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Batali nearly strikes

On my way home from the gym, I end up waiting on the corner of 16th St. and 11th Ave.


As I notice the light going to yellow, I survey the situation (noticing little traffic and anticipating their stopping) and I start crossing the street. The Vespa coming towards me isn't slowing down. It doesn't hit me or come close, but if I hadn't moved, I might have had Mario Batali, his signature orange Crocs and his Vespa in my lap.

Not only was there a chance of a collision, but he also managed to run a red light by a significant amount. I guess he was too busy pointing out to his passenger the location of his restaurant (Del Posto), to notice pedestrians or red lights. He just wanted to park his Vespa on the sidewalk. And here I thought being in car anywhere near Britney Spears was dangerous.

0 comments:

Celebrity Sightings Mapped


View Celebrity Sightings in a larger map