Search This Blog

Thursday, May 24, 2007

When will then, be now??

As I was thinking, at lunch, about this very blog and what was going into it, I had a brief (but personal) revelation. You already know that I am not very prolific when it comes to my writing. I am either hot or cold. I have been slowly learning to adapt and shorten the cold. I am striving to keep warm. I have learned I can do this by continuing to write and also by documenting ideas no matter the opportunity. An idea lost is memorable. I hope thats a pun. Anyway, in the midst of this I quickly staggered upon this topic and much, much more.

Today's lunch of choice was chinese; broccoli in garlic sauce over white rice. As I sat in the park (a.k.a. urban artificial turf and concrete by the highway, with benches) and ate my food, something ran right behind me in the bushes. I could see it dashing across the ground and it was not a bird. It was a rat and mind you not a very large rat. It was probably in the neighborhood of 9 to 12 inches (22.86-30.48 for my metric friends). I moved to the inner circle of the park to eat my food. A move that I now regret. It was George Orwell, I believe, who once said that rats and fine cuisine go hand in hand (or at the very least hinted/alluded to). It is nice to see I am not the only one to have thought that.

If you haven't already seen it, enjoy.



After I snubbed the fine dining experience by the curb, I was not emotionally or physically ready for the follow up. A menage a toi of pigeons (rats with wings) with the male courtship dance as foreplay. They were so close, you could say I was participating. Sadly, nothing happened. I was sufficiently traumatized by the incidents (I was now imagining a dark patch in the trees as a new species of rats - Giant Tree Leaping Rats) that I had to eat as fast as I could. This lasted for moment, as I thought that would be a great idea for a Sci-Fi original movie. Killer mutated giant leaping rats, made by the government, go awry in a city. It will be like Critters meets Tribbles. We could call it Ratez (pronounced Rat-zes). I might have to go make this one on my own. Stay tuned.

0 comments:

Celebrity Sightings Mapped


View Celebrity Sightings in a larger map